Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One tough kid...





So I had to blog about tonight. It is Tuesday and Jeremy is the young men's president and he was in charge of the combined YM YW activity. They decided to go up to Mantua and sleigh ride. Jeremy asked if I would make some bread sticks so he could take them up with them to eat with the hot chocolate. I made two pans and set them out to cool. I went back to my bedroom and could hear a chair being slid across my floor and I called out to Dax asking what he was doing. He replied that he was trying to get a bread stick and I told him "don't touch the pans, they are really hot. I will help you in just a second". Well, I didn't hear any more about it so I assumed he went back to watching sponge bob with Regan. I headed up to my moms in Mantua to kill the time while Jeremy was sleigh riding and my youngest sister Ashlee says "Hey Michelle, what happened to Dax's arm" of course I had no idea what she was talking about. Then I saw the lovely burn and water blister. The poor kid burned his arm that bad and never made a peep. I had no idea it had even happened. Aren't I a great mother :)OUCH

6 comments:

  1. Poor Dax! He IS one tough kid! He takes after his GG, gettin' burned and not feelin' a thing! :) I have a burn on my arm right now that looks similar, but not as bad and I'VE been whining about it for days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I can't believe how tough he is, that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would have been screaming their heads off! Wow. Stuff like that happens to every parent, though. You think your kid is doing one thing and you find they are actually doing something else. While Nathan and I were scouting out places to live in Ohio, his parents were watching the kids. That was when Jeremy had to get stitches because his dad didn't keep close enough watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey its Jana (the one who bought your house). Cute kids! I can't believe how big they are. How is it living close to your family? We are loving the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it's good to see that you have blog. Your kids are so cute and are growing up. That was sad about Dax little boys are crazy and into everything. I hope everything is good, We miss you at bunko!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor Dax!! What a tough guy!!! Your kids are getting soooo big....crazy how fast it goes!! Love your haircut!!

    ReplyDelete