Monday, March 16, 2009

Hmmmm Sleigh Riding?

So the other day my kids wanted to go sleigh riding and I told them there was not enough snow (it was all slushy). I went about my business upstairs and I hear the kids screaming and laughing....you now that sound when you think "hmmm, it sounds like they are doing something they probably shouldn't be" so I went to check on them and this is what I found......
I guess they figured since I said no sleigh riding outside, they would go sleigh riding inside. These are boards that we bought when we started to finish our basement for the trim around the doors. I think they are about 2 inches wide if that. They somehow managed to get their bottoms and feet on them and then they would slide (really fast) down the stairs.....fun huh? Wow, talk about imagination.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe that your kids managed to slide down the stairs on those pieces of wood!!!

    We used to slide down the stairs ALL THE TIME when I was a kid. Infact I introduced the idea to my kids last August. Cameron had never done it before either so he had to have a time too. It was HILARIOUS!!!! Our kids had so much fun that everytime they watch the home video of it they beg to do it all over again!!!!

    It works best with a silk sleeping bag. (But you have to hold the one end up like a toboggan you will slide right off the sleeping bag.)

    HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...what would happen if the board got caught on the carpet and flipped them off?!? HAHA...I was thinking about that the whole time I was looking at these pics! The same thing has obviously happened to me..that's why I know the details of the fall!lol Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you guys like crazy! I just need to call you- there's too much to say for a little comment. How are you planting things? Didn't like a foot and a half of snow fall on top of it after you planted it? Really, teach me. I've had very little food grow in my garden, even though we make an effort every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! That is funny they came up with that!

    ReplyDelete